Maintaining F-1 Status
US Immigration requires each student to follow the guidelines listed on page 2 of the I-20 to maintain status and keep an ACTIVE SEVIS record.
The highlights are:
- Full time enrollment - 12 credits of traditional classes when seeking a Bachelors degree and 9 credits if you are seeking a Master degree.
- On-line enrollment is limited to 3 credits per minimum enrollment.
- Please seek approval from your DSO for any deviation of enrollment rule.
- Daily Attendance for each registered class
- Making progress by passing each class and making sure to enroll in the right classes for your major
- Notify change of address within 10 days
- Seeking authorization for any oversees travel
- Seeking authorization for any Off-campus employment
- Seeking a new I-20 when changing degree program name and/or level
- Seeking an extension of your I-20 prior to expiration if more time is needed to complete the degree program.
- Seeking an extension of your passport at least six months before it expires.
- Seeking approval for transfer to another school