What is a Graduate Admission?
A graduate admission is intended for applicants who are interested to earn a Master’s or Graduate degree from the University of Central Oklahoma.
Requirements for Admission
You are eligible to apply for admission if you have completed your undergraduate degree equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in the United States or you are in your final year of the undergraduate program.
Most Graduate program admissions at UCO are based on your overall undergraduate degree Grade Point Average (GPA). However, there are certain programs that have additional requirements such as GMAT, GRE, Letters of Recommendation, Resume, etc.
Complete the online application with all required information and pay your application fee online. A non-refundable $60.00 processing fee must be paid for each application. Under no circumstances will this fee be waived. You are required to submit the application fee while completing your online application. After completing the application, make sure to submit your documents to the UCO Jackson College of Graduate Studies.
You are required to submit the original copy of your academic records with an official stamp or seal on the document(s) from your school or by sending an attested copy verified by an authorized agency. If your transcript is issued by your school in a language other than English, we require the official original language documents well as an official, or certified, English translation.
Proof of Graduation
An official or certified copy of Certificate of Graduation or a letter with expected graduation date provided by your college or university is required. If your Certificate of Graduation or letter is issued by your school in a language other than English, we require the official, original language documents well as an official, or certified, English translation.
If English is not your native language, please submit one of the following:
- TOEFL - 79 IBT (Internet-based test) or 550 PBT (paper-based test) ; or
- IELTS - 6.5 overall band; or
- Proof of 12 weeks of intensive English study at an approved ESL program in the U.S. after achieving minimum TOEFL score of 500 (PBT) or 61 (IBT) or minimum IELTS overall band of 6.0.
- Transcripts showing your undergraduate degree was completed from an accredited university or college within the United States or from an UCO approved native English speaking country.
Additional Notes for English Proficiency:
Please see our list of approved ESL programs in Oklahoma. You may also apply to the on-campus ESL program.
UCO ETS Institutional Code: 6091
See the list of UCO Approved Native English Speaking Countries
Financial Support Documentation
You must provide evidence as to your source of financial ability to cover the estimated expenses for the first academic year of the degree program - Fall and Spring. Please refer to International Tuition for the total required amount.
Required financial documents:
- A bank statement, certificate of deposit or certificate of balance signed or stamped by a bank official that is no more than 90 days old when submitted showing a liquid balance equaling at least the amount of your first year expenses.
- If the bank statement is in an account not owned by the applicant, you must submit a CERTIFICATE OF FINANCIAL RESOURCES form (sponsor live outside the USA) signed by the account owner by you and the account owner (for J-1 Visa, use this form) or AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT I-134 form (sponsor lives in the US), signed by the account owner.
- If you are supported by a business, government or corporate sponsorship please provide a letter of support listing the duration of promised support and monetary amount of support being offered.
Statement of Understanding
You will be required to read and agree to the Statement of Understanding. Read and understand all admission and enrollment requirements. Sign and submit with the application.
Passport Name Page
Please submit a clear scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport. If dependents will accompany you to UCO, provide copies of their passport biographical pages, along with marriage and birth certificates, as applicable, to verify your family relationship.
Additional Admissions Requirement for Specific Graduate Program
- Official GMAT or GRE score
- Letters of Recommendation
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Design Portfolio (Master of Fine Arts in Design only). Please refer to the College of Fine Arts and Design for additional information.
- Audition Video (Master of Music Applicant Only). If you are seeking for admissions into the Graduate program offered by the UCO School of Music, you will be required to submit the International Audition Submission Form.
SEVIS Transfer to UCO
If you are currently attending an institution (Intensive English Program, University or College) in the USA and holding an active SEVIS F-1 visa status, you will also be required to submit a SEVIS Transfer-in Form. You and your current institution advisor will be required to complete this form to notify us of your current academic, immigration and financial status. Additionally, our immigration team may also request:
- SEVIS I-20(s)- provide a scanned copy of all the SEVIS I-20(s) issued to you.
- Visa Stamp - provide a scanned copy of your F-1 visa stamp from your passport.
- I-94 Arrival Info - provide a scanned copy of your I-94 arrival sheet, if available.
In addition to any undergraduate transcripts, we will also require all transcripts with graduate level course work.
Graduate Readmission is required if you fall under one of the criteria below:
- It has been more than one semester and a summer term since your last attendance at UCO, or
- You have completed a degree after your last enrollment at UCO.
- You have been suspended after your last enrollment at UCO.
Students applying for readmission that have been suspended once for academic reasons from UCO or another institution of higher education in Oklahoma may apply for readmission after the semester in which he or she was suspended. Such readmission is not automatic but is decided on an individual basis.
Spring Semester: November 15th
Fall Semester: July 15th
Other Deadlines by the Department
College of Business
Business Administration - Spring: November 15th; Fall: July 15th
College of Fine Arts and Design
Design - Spring: October 1st; Fall: April 1st
College of Education
Athletic Training - Summer: March 1st
Family & Child Studies: MFT - Fall Only: January 15th
Psychology (Counseling; School; or Forensic) - Fall Admin Only: January 15th
Speech-Language Pathology - Summer Only: January 31st
Forensic Science Institute
Forensic Science(General; Biology/Chemistry) -Fall Only: April 15th
*All Required Documents must be submitted before the deadline, or the application will automatically be deferred to the following semester.
In order to expedite your application for admission, you may send the application documents using one of the methods as below:
Submitting Documents by Email
You may email the scanned PDF or JPEG documents to email@example.com.
Submitting Documents by Fax
And you can send by fax to 1-405-974-3852.
Submitting Documents by Mail
You may also mail the application documents to:
University of Central Oklahoma
Jackson College of Graduate Studies
100 N University Drive, Box 117
Edmond, OK 73034, USA