Transfer from Overseas College
What is International Transfer Admission from a Non-US Institution?
Transfer students from non-US institutions are students who have studied and earned a minimum of six (6) semester credit hours at another college or university located outside the United Stated of America. Even if you do not want transfer credit for the subjects you have studied at your college or university, you are a transfer student.
If you would like to apply as an international transfer student from a non-US institution, APPLY NOW!
To be admitted as an international transfer student, you will need to supply the following:
- Online Application
- Application Fee - $50 non-refundable processing fee
- Academic Credentials (Transcripts)
- English Proficiency
- Bank Statement
- Certificate of Financial Resources (Non-US Sponsor)
- Affidavit of Support (US Sponsor)
If you are currently attending a language school in the USA and are holding an active SEVIS F-1 visa, you will also be required to submit:
- SEVIS Transfer-In Form
- I-20 Card
- I-94 Card
*If you are seeking for admissions into the undergraduate degree offered by the UCO School of Music, you will be required to submit the International Audition Submission Form.
All required documents will be uploaded with your electronic application. Any missing documents will delay the processing of your application.
Admission to the University of Oklahoma as a transfer student is based on your cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) system equivalent to the US system. SAT or ACT is not required for application for admission as a transfer student. There are two different types of admissions from international universities:
Option 1: Admission from UCO Official Partner College or University outside the United States.
- Your have obtained credits or completed coursework from an institution that has officially established Memorandum of Understanding with Transfer Agreement.
- A minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.00 or its equivalent calculated based on UCO Grading system.
Option 2: Admission from an Accredited College or University outside the United States.
- Your have obtained credits or completed coursework from a college or university accredited and recognized by your country Ministry of Education.
- A minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.50 or its equivalent calculated based on UCO Grading system.
SEVIS Transfer to UCO
If you are currently attending an institution in the USA and are holding an active SEVIS F-1 visa status, you will also be required to submit:
Once you get admitted to UCO, please make sure to pay the Mailing Fee in order to have your documents shipped to you.