Highlights of Edmond, Oklahoma
- Number 1 on CNBC's "10 Perfect Suburbs" list
- CNNMoney.com/s 35th best place to live in America
- One of "Top 10 Safest Cities in America" according to the FBI
- "Most Outstanding Community" by the State Chamber of Commerce in its class, five years in a row
- "Top 100 Places to Live" in 2007 by Relocate America.
As of the census of 2013, there were 87,004 people residing in the city. The population density was 930 people per square mile (360/km2). There were 33,178 housing units in the city. Most residents self-identified as white. Less than 10% self-identified as black or African American, Native American, or Asian. A small portion self-identified as Hispanic or Latino.
The population was 48.4% male and 51.6% female. The median age of residents was 34.8 years, lower than the Oklahoma median age of 40.6 years.
The estimated median household income in 2011 was $71,216, up from $54,556 in 2000, and higher than Oklahoma City.