F1 Employment Off-Campus

Off-campus employment requires authorization from Immigration. After you have been in the United States for nine months on an F-1 visa and are in good standing you can apply for work authorization. For each of the following categories you must first contact the Office of Global Affairs. Your options are CPT, OPT, or Economic Hardship.