F-1 Reinstatement

In cases where a student falls out of status and does not have an ACTIVE SEVIS I-20 , US Immigration allows an opportunity for Reinstatement in two ways:
  1. Use a new Initial I-20 with a new SEVIS number and travel outside of US. Upon return with a valid US Visa , student will be reinstated with proof of another payment of SEVIS Fee.
  2. Apply for Reinstatement using the Terminated SEVIS I-20 using form I-539 with a proper application payment to Immigration.