J-1 Dependents

The J-2 Visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by a consular official at a U.S. embassy or consulate for spouses and dependents (unmarried children under the age of 21) of J-1 exchange visitors who accompany or later join the J-1 holder in the United States.  J-2 dependents are eligible to work in the United States once they have received approval from USCIS.  For more information on working in the United States please visit your ARO or RO to discuss these options.