Maintaining J-1 Status

This program allows foreign students to study at American colleges and universities. Students who participate in the J-1 program must pursue a full-time course of study and must maintain good academic standing. During the school semesters undergraduate J-1 students must be enrolled in 12 hours, graduate students must be enrolled in 9 hours. J-1 Exchange students can come to the United States to get a degree or come strictly for a short term culture experience of 1 semester to a year.