Visiting Faculty Scholar Visa Application
After your application to become a UCO J-1 Scholar is approved, the UCO Office of Global Affairs will mail you a U.S. Government Form called a DS-2019. Upon receipt of the DS-2019, take the following steps:
- Pay the I-901 Fee
- Visit the website of the U.S. Embassy nearest you to find out visa application requirements and procedures
- Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160)
- Schedule an appointment for a visa interview
- Collect all supporting documents for visa interview:
- Proof of financial standing and proof of support from UCO, your home university or the government
- SEVIS (I-901) Fee receipt
- Visa Application fee receipt
- Visa application forms
- Others as directed by U.S. Department of State
For more questions, visit the U.S. Department of State website.
For more pre-departure information, such as life in Edmond, the UCO campus, and the J-1 Scholar program, visit here.